Habanero Everything Bagel Scones
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
1/3 cup (3 ounces) cream cheese, very cold
2 cups all-purpose white flour
4 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cane sugar
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
2 medium eggs
1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon Marshall’s Habanero Carrot Curry Sauce, divided
½ cup + 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
1. Place the butter and cream cheese into the freezer to get extra cold.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, two tablespoons everything bagel seasoning, baking powder sugar, and salt until thoroughly combined.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 tablespoons habanero carrot curry hot sauce, and ½ cup cream.
5. Remove the butter and cream cheese from the freezer, cut into ½ inch cubes, add to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter and cream cheese into the flour mixture, until pea sized bits remain.
6. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a spatula, until just moist.
7. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. With floured hands, shape into a flattened circle 7 inches wide and ¾ inches high. Cut the circle into quarters and then in half again forming 8 wedges.
8. Transfer to a parchment lined rimmed (butter cooks out, no need to panic if you use a rimmed sheet) baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart from each other.
9. Whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon of Habanero Carrot Curry sauce and 1 tablespoon of cream. Brush the top of each scone with the mixture and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning.
10. Bake for 19-20 minutes until golden and crisp. Place onto a wire baking rack to cool.