Sarah Marshall started Marshall’s Haute Sauce from her home kitchen. Her love for canning and preserving local ingredients lead to a beautiful and tasty product line. She recruited her husband Dirk Marshall to chop and prep all the produce. The business quickly outgrew their home and they now run out of a commercial kitchen in South East Portland, they continue to make each bottle by hand.
Marshall’s Haute Sauce brings delicious fresh and local small batch products to those that will love them. We are designed for worry free farm-to-table utilization. We buy local whenever possible and get our produce at the farmers markets we work at. The farmers market is our community and we believe in local farmers and food production, together we will make amazing things. Our hot sauces have unique spice blends and flavor combinations, but still bring the heat. Each batch is hand stamped and a real labor of love. Our sauces are sealed and don’t require refrigeration, until after they are open.
We value high end, custom fitting products that meet the needs of customers with food allergies. All sauces are gluten free, vegan (some contain honey), and vegetarian. We don’t use any binders, additives, or other strange stuff. Our sauces are made of vegetables, vinegar, spices, and sometimes sugar or local honey. That’s it!
We believe in small business owners, farmers, and producers and work with as many as we can find.
- Sign up for my Portland Canning Classes
- Partner with me on Recipe Development
- Check our reviews and articles about us
How to Get Our Products:
Portland State University Market on Saturdays from 8:30-2 March 6th 2021-October 30th 2021
We are in some wonderful local stores:
- New Seasons
- Zupan’s All Locations
- Market of Choice All Locations
- Tender Loving Empire All Locations
- Barbur World Foods
- Made Here
- The Healthy Bread Store
- Capers Cafe Portland Airport
Restaurants That Serve Marshall’s Haute Sauce:
We can be found outside of Portland at these lovely stores:
- Murray’s Cheese (New York Locations)
- Whisk (Bellvue, Washington)
- Provisions Market Hall (Eugene, Oregon)
- Cheese + Provisons (Denver, Colorado)
- Sugarpill (Seattle, Washington)
- Hama Hama (Lilliwaup, Washington)
- FarmShop (Santa Monica, California)
- De Laurenti (Seattle, Washington)
- The Walrus and the Carpenter (Seattle, Washington)
- Heatonist (Brooklyn, New York)
- USA Strong (Online)
Gift Baskets And Boxes:
Message email@example.com for information about ordering our sauces for your store.
Local Farms and Ingredient Sources
- Spring Hill Organic Farm
- Winters Farm
- DeNoble’s Fresh Produce
- Denison Farm
- Seaview Cranberries
- Gathering Together Farm
- Jacobsen Salt Co
- Groundworks Organic
We make donations to Women-owned start up businesses, provide sauce to local fundraisers, and offer advice and support. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think our values align.