Habanero Party Mix
This recipe is perfect for game days, or big gatherings. It is crunchy, salty, and
spicy. When I used to share a kitchen with my gals, they would literally jump for
joy when they knew I was making a big batch of spicy snack mix. Tip: This recipe
is very approachable, for all skill levels and food allergies. Want it gluten free?
Use only rice cereal, GF pretzels, and the liquid aminos. Want it more or less
spicy? Adjust the hot sauce or cayenne to make the spice level fit your group.
Just remember if you up the sauce to decrease soy sauce, so it does not turn out
4 cups corn cereal
4 cups rice cereal
2 cups peanuts
2 cups pretzels
1 stick unsalted butter
1/3 cup Habanero Carrot Curry Marshall’s Haute Sauce
1/3 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl mix cereals, peanuts, and pretzels.
4. In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is
melted add the soy sauce and Habanero Carrot Curry Haute Sauce. Stir until
well mixed, remove from heat, stir in lime juice.
5. Mix dry and wet ingredients in the bowl, adding slowly and stirring to evenly
6. Spread the mixture evenly between two baking sheets.
7. Mix oregano, cayenne, and salt together.
8. Sprinkle spices evenly over snack mix and stir.
9. Bake for 45-60 minutes, stirring gently every 15 min, until dry and golden.