Homemade Crunch Wrap Supreme
One of my favorite podcasts is All Fantasy Everything which is hosted by Ian Karmel. Each episode they have a fantasy draft on a specific subject. That could be 90s movies, sandwich ingredients, or even Taco Bell
This recipe was inspired by the latter. Sure, we make tacos or burritos or tostadas a few times a week. They are delicious flavor vessels and spicy sauces play into them effortlessly. However, the idea of creating an iconic fast food item at home was very intriguing and way more fun than I had anticipated. Sometimes I start a recipe and instantly think “Why did I decide to do this?” Or “This is too much hassle.” Not in this case. It was very satisfying and I bet it would even be fun in a small group. You could even have a homemade fast food potluck. Heck, I might just suggest that to Ian Karmel, Sean Jordan, and David Gborie and see if they will draft it! So if laughter and deliciousness is your thing (and if you are reading this then it probably is!) check out All Fantasy Everything and did into this delicious homemade crunch wrap supreme!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon Marshall’s Haute Sandwich Rub
- 1 teaspoon Marshall’s Haute BBQ Rub
- 6 flour tortillas, burrito size, divided
- 4 crunchy tostada shells
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons Marshall’s Habanero Carrot Curry Sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup Nacho Cheese sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon, cook about 5 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Add dried spices, stir, and continue to cook a few more minutes, until combined. Turn off heat.
- In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons Habanero Carrot Curry MHS to the nacho cheese and stir. In a separate bowl, add the remaining Habanero sauce to the yogurt and stir. Set both aside with the remaining prepped ingredients, ready to build your crunchwrap.
- Place two tortillias on top of each other. Place a tostada as a guide and cut out 4 total circles, set aside.
- Place one large tortilla on a flat surface. Add 1 tablespoon of the nacho cheese mixture to the center of the tortilla. Top that with ½ cup of the ground beef.
- Place a tostada shell on top of the beef and add a thin layer of the yogurt mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato, and cheddar cheese. Place the tortilla cutout on top, in the center of the wrap.
- Fold the edge of the tortilla (starting at the bottom) up toward the center of the tostada shell, pulling tightly, creating pleats. Continue around the rest of the tortilla.
- Spray a nonstick countertop skillet with cooking spray and turn heat to medium.
- Carefully place the wrap, seam side down, and press gently. Cook 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with additional Marshall’s Haute sauce.