Savory Green Chili Corn Cakes With Arugula Salad
1 cup pancake mix
½ cup polenta, medium grind
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup water
½ cup Serrano Ginger Lemongrass Sauce
1 ¼ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon salted butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix, polenta, and salt.
- Add water and Serrano Ginger Lemongrass Sauce, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, in order for the polenta to absorb some of the moisture.
- Using a spatula, fold in the cheese.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch cast iron over medium heat.
- Cook, flipping once with a spatula, until golden brown on both sides and hot throughout, 2-3 minutes on each side. If the pancakes are browning to quickly, reduce the heat.
Tip: You can use a countertop griddle if you prefer, set the heat to 300 ° F.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Serrano Ginger Lemongrass Sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
4 cups arugula
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, Serrano Ginger Lemongrass Sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the cilantro and green onion.
- Place arugula in top of the dressing, toss from the bottom, until leaves are well coated.