Spicy Holiday Homemade Gifts
We love making homemade gifts for our friends and family. Here are a couple quick and easy recipes you can whip up and send to your loved ones. I like to put them in extra fancy jars to make them even more special.
Crunchy Spiced Holiday Nuts
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Marshall’s Volcano Sparkle
1 egg white, room temperature
1 teaspoon water
1 pound unsalted nuts (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, ect.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, and volcano sparkle making sure there are no lumps; set aside.
- Beat egg white and water until frothy, but not stiff. Add nuts, and stir to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle nuts with sugar mixture, and stir until evenly coated. If there is any extra mixture in the bowl, add more nuts, until it is evenly mixed and coating the nuts.
- Spread sugared nuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet fitted with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven. When completely cool, put nuts into jars. Tip: If nuts are still sticky after they are completely cool, just pop them back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
Blender Bloody Mary Mix
1 can (28 ounces) Italian peeled whole tomatoes
¼ cup Hatch Sesame Balsamic sauce
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon course ground black pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite bottle.
- Include recipe with your gift.
Makes 1 Cocktail
3 Tablespoons vodka
½ cup Bloody Mary Mix
1 cup ice
1 lime wedge
Pickled goodies (green beans, olives, gherkins)
In a mixing glass, stir together vodka and bloody Mary mix.
Rub the wedge of lime around the rim of a 12-ounce glass. Spin the rim in the salt. Place the celery stalk and skewer of pickled goodies into the glass. Add the ice and poor the mixture into the glass.