Peach Season Is Here
Watch me cook these recipes live, on KATU:
Peach Season is here! One of the great things about having a farmers' market stand is that we are on the front lines of seasonal produce. Two stands down from our Marshall's Haute Sauce booth are our friends at Baird Family Orchard. They grow a variety of stone fruit, such as peaches, plums, apricots, and nectarines. My daughter and I look forward to peach season and rush to be first in line for Harkens, July Flames, and my fave the Diamond Princess.
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 medium lemon, juiced and zested
salt and pepper
4 medium (firm & ripe) peaches
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Marshall’s Smoked Habanero Barbecue Sauce
1 tablespoon chopped herbs (parsley, mint, or basil)
- Preheat a well oiled grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Mix ricotta cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Half the peaches by length, remove the stone. Rub peaches with olive oil. Paint each peach with smoked habanero barbecue sauce on all sides.
- Grill peaches flesh side down for about 3 minutes, rotate peach by 1 inch to create grill marks, grill 2 additional minutes. Turn peaches over and grill 1 more minute.
- Remove peaches from the grill. Top each peach half with a scoop of ricotta mixture and sprinkle with herbs.
Peach Cucumber Salad
2 medium cucumbers
2 large peaches
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 lime, juiced and zested
1/2 teaspoon Marshall’s Serrano Ginger Lemongrass Sauce
1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
1/2 cup salted & toasted cashews, chopped
season with salt
- Thinly slice cucumbers and peaches.
- Arrange on a platter alternating peaches and cucumbers.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, serrano ginger lemongrass sauce.
- Drizzle dressing over the platter, top with basil and cashews. Season with salt.